Silver Active Anti-Transpirant
Silver Active Anti-Transpirant Foot Spray
With its innovative formula that includes silver technology, Hansaplast Silver Active Anti-Transpirant Foot Spray protects against sweating, bacteria and odours. The active antibacterial complex with silver ions weakens the bacteria’s cell membranes, affects their metabolisms and influences their DNA’s genetic information, which prevents bacteria from growing. As a result, you have 72 hours of odour protection for a worry-free feeling whenever you take your shoes off. Hansaplast foot expert Silver Active Anti-Perspirant doesn’t contain any alcohol and won’t irritate your skin
This product is suitable for diabetics.
Based on clinical studies, this product is confirmed to be skin-compatible.
How to Use
Ideally used in the morning after having cleansed your feet. Shake well before use and keep a distance of 15cm.
Frequently Asked Questions (7)
1. How does foot odour develop?Feet can sweat, and consequently develop an unpleasant odour. Nothing to be ashamed of!
As every foot sweats and is mostly trapped inside socks and shoes, this is only natural. It is the interaction of these two factors along with bacteria that causes the occurrence of unpleasant smell. Feet have more sweat glands than any other part of the body (about 500 per square centimetre). Sweat as such does not smell, but being enclosed in socks and shoes, microorganisms find ideal circumstances to thrive in the warm and humid climate. The products of their metabolism consequently cause the unpleasant odour.
2. What is the difference between a normal deodorant and an antiperspirant?Sweat glands are the primary source of foot secretion and allow for a high level of hydration particularly as the feet are often confined in socks and shoes. Foot perspiration with its distinct cheesy, acid note smells different from axilla perspiration due to a different composition of the skin’s micro flora, which is responsible for foot malodour.
The silver used in the Hansaplast Silver Active reduces the bacteria which are the major cause for unwanted foot odour. The well-known and reliable aluminium salts contained in the formula are meanwhile responsible for the antiperspirant efficiency of the product.
3. How does Hansaplast Silver Active Anti-Transpirant Foot Spray help?
Hansaplast Silver Active provides long-lasting protection (72 hours) from odours while refreshing your feet. The formula with silver has a broad antimicrobial efficacy even in small quantities and reduces the bacteria which are the major cause for unwanted foot odour.
4. How do I use the Hansaplast Silver Active Anti-Transpirant Foot Spray?Ideally use in the morning after showering. First shake the aerosol can and then spray Hansaplast Silver Active onto your feet from a distance of 15 cm.
5. What can I do if I have extremely hot and sweaty feet?Since closed, non-breathable shoes made of synthetic material and wearing summer shoes without socks favour sweating of the feet, you should change your shoes frequently and walk barefoot as often as possible.
Antiperspirants with antibacterial properties especially developed for feet (e.g. Hansaplast Silver Active) help against odour-causing bacteria as part of daily foot hygiene. Pay extra attention to the spaces between the toes, as these are particularly vulnerable to the development of athlete’s foot. Moreover, footbaths with lukewarm water are very refreshing. Tannic acid supplements (such as oak bark) can also reduce the sweating of the feet.
6. Why does Hansaplast add silver to its Silver Active Anti-Transpirant Foot Spray?Silver ions are widely recognised for their antibacterial effects and have been used for centuries in this way. Silver Technology has been used to disinfect water and food while storing it, but also for the treatment of burns and wounds and as an antibacterial agent in items for kitchen and bathroom. Because bacteria are the major cause for unwanted body and foot odour, silver ions are used in various forms to prevent the growth of bacteria that cause body odour, for example in clothing such as socks.
7. How does the Silver Technology in Hansaplast Silver Active Anti-Transpirant Foot Spray work?The Silver Technology used in Hansaplast Silver Active reduces the viability of enzymes and other bacterial proteins. In addition, it destroys the bacterial cell wall causing cell disruption and finally stops bacteria from duplicating. The development of foot odour is thus prevented in a safe way as bacteria metabolism is the main reason for the development of unwanted body odours.