Spray for antiseptic wound cleansing by mechanical irrigation
Hansaplast Wound Spray 100ml
Hansaplast Wound Spray
Even superficial wounds can become infected if they’re not cleansed effectively. Cleansing the wound is an essential first step for optimal healing and it is recommended for all types of wounds.
Hansaplast Wound Spray is an easy to use spray for the antiseptic cleansing of minor acute wounds such as cuts, abrasions, first and minor second-degree burns and open blisters, by mechanical irriation.
It can also be used for chronic wounds and postoperative wound care as per your doctor’s instructions. The Hansaplast Wound Spray also helps to remove crusts or clotted dressings.
It is free of alcohol and does not cause stinging during application or dry the skin. Hansaplast Wound Spray is a pain-free* and effective way to cleanse wounds from dirt and bacteria and prevent from wound infections.
The solution is transparent, so it won’t stain clothing like tinted products containing for example Iodine or Eosin. Skin-friendly and suitable for children, Hansaplast Wound Spray is an effective and gentle way to support the wound healing process.
The handy spray bottle of the Hansaplast Wound Spray works well at any angle, which makes it ideal for on-the-go first aid, sports and outdoor activities.
*PMCF-Study, 95% agreement “Wound Spray is pain-free to use”, n=59, Freese R, Physician, principal investigator, Hamburg, 2019
How to Use
1. Why should I use Hansaplast Wound Spray?A clean and cleansed wound is the first step to optimal healing. Hansaplast Wound Spray can be used for the antiseptic cleansing by mechanical irrigation of acute wounds, for example cuts, abrasions, first-degree and minor second-degree burns and open blisters. It can also be used for chronic wounds and postoperative wound care as per your doctor's instruction.
2. How does Hansaplast Wound Spray work?Hansaplast Wound Spray cleanses wounds fast and pain-free* to protect them from infections. The colourless spray is easy to apply even when the bottle is upside down.
3. Does Hansaplast Wound Spray contain alcohol or Iodine?No. Hansaplast Wound Spray does not contain alcohol or iodine. It’s colourless and does not burn or sting when applied.
4. How should I use Hansaplast Wound Spray?After the bleeding has been stopped, cleanse the wound with the spray then dry the wound before applying a plaster. You should spray from a distance of approximately 10cm onto the entire wound area.
Clotted or encrusted dressings can also be moistened with Hansaplast Wound Spray prior to removal to enable easy removal.
5. Can Hansaplast Wound Spray be used before applying a plaster with Silver wound pad?Yes. Hansaplast Wound Spray is suitable for use before application of Hansaplast silver wound pads. After the bleeding has been stopped, cleanse the wound with the spray, dry the wound, and then apply the plaster.
6. Can I use Hansaplast Wound Spray before applying Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment?Yes. Hansaplast Wound Spray is suitable for use before the application of Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment. For more information, you might find our article on Wound Healing useful.
7. What should I do if my wound shows signs of infection?In the case of larger wounds with heavy exudate or signs of infection, a doctor should be consulted. Speaking to a doctor is also important if redness, swelling or pain develops at the wound area, the condition gets worse or the wound healing process does not start within a few days. If there’s any doubt, see a doctor.
8. Is Hansaplast Wound Spray suitable for sensitive skin?Hansaplast Wound Spray is very skin-friendly and suitable for application on sensitive skin.
9. Can I use Hansaplast Wound Spray after an operation?Yes, Hansaplast Wound Spray is suitable for wound cleansing after operations and surgery, as per your doctors instructions.
10. How long after opening can I use Hansaplast Wound Spray?Hansaplast Wound Spray can be used for up to 12 months after opening.
11. Is Hansaplast Wound Spray suitable for pregnant women or children?Hansaplast Wound Spray is very skin friendly. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or before using on children under 2 years of age, please consult a doctor first.
For detailed application advice please see patient information leaflet.