Highly effective blister treatment for heels, soles or ball of the foot
Blister Plaster XL 5 Pieces
XL, 5 Pieces
Blister Plaster XL – High performance foot plaster technology for large blisters
Now there’s a blister plaster large enough to cope with even bigger blisters, in a new shape that’s highly effective for the heel, side and soles of the foot. Hansaplast Blister Plaster XL relieves pain immediately and creates optimal healing conditions due to its Hydrocolloid Technology. This not only protects the affected area from external influences, dirt and bacteria but – based on the principle of moist wound healing - also enhances faster healing of the blister. Superabsorbers soak up blister fluid, and allow a protective layer of gel to form over the wound - perfect for getting rid of your large blister as quickly as possible. These big plasters are easy and quick to apply without wrinkles, so you can treat your large blister – then get back out there and have a great day!
These plasters are very effective when used for blisters on heels but Hansaplast Blister Plasters XL can be used anywhere on the foot. They’re also ideally suited to treating blisters on the soles of the feet, where superior pressure protection is particularly needed. The same is true for blisters on the ball on the feet – a place where smaller blister plasters might be inadequate. These extra large blister plasters are just right when shoes have caused a big, painful blister. Their generous size and ideal shape means they can properly protect even sizable blisters on heels, taking away the pain associated with additional pressure or friction on the area, and providing optimal healing conditions.
Wherever your large blister occurs, the Blister Plaster XL from Hansaplast will stay in place upwards of 48h. They’re waterproof, so showering and bathing are not a problem with these, and if you’re a runner or sportsperson? They’re sweat-proof, too.
The easy-to-use Hansaplast application system makes it simple to apply a large blister plaster like this one. So you can relax knowing that when you’re unexpectedly having to deal with a particularly big blister on your heel or even blisters on the soles of your feet, the process will be easy, quick and wrinkle free!
Use these large blister plasters to help you treat your big blister and get back to your day as quickly as possible.
How to Use
Dr Kuhlmann’s Expert Tips – Help your blisters heal faster with proper application
- Self-surgery is not recommended. For example, don’t puncture the blister and don’t remove any outer layers of skin, because this can cause infection
- Existing blisters should be disinfected
- Make sure your skin is clean and dry before applying the blister plaster
- Attach the plaster without wrinkles and press firmly
- Don’t change the plaster until it falls off by itself
Frequently Asked Questions (5)
1. Why do we get blisters?Usually, blisters will appear in areas where the skin is exposed to pressure and friction over a long period of time. This tends to happen during sports or when wearing new shoes the first few times. Pressure and friction on a part of the foot will cause the upper layer of the skin (the epidermis) to move back and forth over the layer underneath. A space appears between the two skin layers, and fluid seeps into it. This bubble of fluid is the blister.
2. What’s the best way to treat a large blister?If it has already formed, the area should be protected from further pressure and contamination. Hansaplast Blister Plaster XL works using Hydrocolloid Technology. This creates a moist healing environment absorbing the blister fluid and creating an optimal moist wound healing environment. It allows the wound to heal faster. At the same time, the Blister Plaster XL safely seals and protects the area against dirt and bacteria. When you’re experiencing pain from a particularly large blister, Hansaplast Blister Plaster XL gives instant pain relief by protecting the area from any further pressure. This is especially important for large blisters on soles of feet and blisters on the ball of your foot.
3. Should I pop the blister? And is there something I should do if it pops accidentally?It’s recommended that blisters shouldn’t be intentionally popped. They serve a purpose and are there to protect against additional infection. If your blister is already ruptured, the remaining skin layer should be left where it is. Whatever the situation, it is key that the wound is protected from external influences and contamination.
The affected area should be cleaned and dried carefully before putting on a blister plaster. If the blister is already open, we recommend giving the area an extra disinfection. Hansaplast Blister Plaster XL with Hydrocolloid Technology instantly relieves large blister pain from pressure and friction, while creating an optimal moist wound healing environment. It’s this that allows the wound to heal faster. The healing process is aided even further because your large blister is safely sealed and protected from dirt and bacteria.
4. Is it a good idea to use a healing cream underneath the Hansaplast Blister Plaster XL?No. Before you apply the Blister Plaster XL to your large blister, we don’t recommend using any products at all underneath it. The reason being that there’s a chance they may reduce the effectiveness and adhesive power of the Blister Plaster XL.
5. How do I know when it’s time to change the blister plaster?So that you don’t disturb the healing process of your big blister, and as long as there are no signs of infection, the plaster should be left in place for several days. It should only be changed when it peels off by itself. Hansaplast Blister Plaster XL with Hydrocolloid Technology creates an optimal moist wound healing environment for your large blister - so leave the plaster on until it starts to peel off by itself.