Soft and elastic bandage for the fixation and protection of wound pads and dressings A versatile home first-aid essential
Elastic Fixation Bandage 4m x 6cm
4m x 6cm
Hansaplast Elastic Fixation Bandage
Hansaplast Elastic Fixation Bandage is the simplest way to hold compresses, dressings and pads in place. As recommended by the World Health Organisation and Red Cross, they’re an essential part of any home first-aid kit.
The flexible material is easy to unroll and the high elasticity makes this bandage pleasant to wear on all moving body parts. Crimped fibres ensure that the bandage won’t slip.
An airy, open woven structure lets the wound breathe. Ideal for use with Hansaplast sterile and non-sterile compresses, dressings and fixation tapes.
Hansaplast Elastic Fixation Bandage is extra skin-friendly and suitable for sensitive skin.
Each bandage is individually wrapped for hygiene purposes.
How to Use
1. How often should I change the bandage?For wound treatment the bandage is used for fixation of a wound pad or dressing. Usually, it is recommended to change the wound dressing daily for hygiene reasons.
2. Is it better to let small wounds dry in the fresh air instead of putting on a bandage?It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and exposed to air helps them to heal faster. The contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Hansaplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- if the would is deep and causing major bleeding
- if the wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling
- if there are embedded foreign objects in it
- in case of animal or human bites
- if the wound is in the area of the face
- if there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
- and of course always when you have questions or are uncertain.
4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?You should contact a medical professional if you recognize signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
5. Why do I have to place an extra pad or dressing under the bandage when I have a wound?The Hansaplast Elastic Fixation Bandage does not contain a wound pad which is necessary to absorb blood and wound exudate and to ensure that the wound area is cushioned and hygienically protected. Thus, a wound should first be covered with a wound pad or dressing which then can be fixed with the Hansaplast Elastic Fixation Bandage.
6. How can I cushion the wounds?You can use Hansaplast sterile compress to cushion your wounds. Sterile compresses like this are recommended by WHO and Red Cross for home first aid kits. This sterile compress made of soft and pure cotton protects large wounds such as cuts, grazes, burns, and lacerations.