For fixation of wound pads, dressings and medical equipment
Wide Area Fixation Sensitive 1m x 10cm
1m x 10cm
Hansaplast Wide Area Fixation Sensitive
Hansaplast Wide Area Fixation is ideal for use with a wound pad or compress as a first aid dressing to protect wounds from bacteria and dirt. It’s made of a soft and flexible non-woven material that makes it extra comfortable and pleasant to wear, particularly on larger body areas such as the back and belly - or on moving joints.
Easy to apply, Hansaplast Wide Area Fixation can be cut according to wound size.
The skin compatibility of the Hansaplast Wide Area Fixation is dermatologically approved. The product is suitable for sensitive skin and post-operative wounds and it's painless to remove.
How to Use
How to use
1. How often should I change the fixation?Wide Area Fixation is used for fixation of a wound pad or dressing. Usually, it is recommended to change the wound dressing daily for hygiene reasons.
2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a bandage?It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster. The contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Hansaplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- if the wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- if the wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling
- if there are embedded foreign objects in it
- in case of animal or human bites
- if the wound is in the area of the face
- if there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
- and of course always when you have questions or are uncertain.
4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?You should contact a medical professional if you recognize signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
5. How can I cushion the wounds?You can use Hansaplast sterile compress to cushion your wounds. Sterile compresses like this are recommended by WHO and Red Cross for home first aid kits. This sterile compress made of soft and pure cotton protects large wounds such as cuts, grazes, burns, and lacerations.
6. Why do I have to place an extra pad or dressing under the bandage when I have a wound?Hansaplast Wide Area Fixation does not contain a wound pad which is necessary to absorb blood and wound exudate and to ensure that the wound area is cushioned and hygienically protected. Thus, a wound should first be covered with a wound pad or dressing which then can be fixed with Hansaplast Wide Area Fixation.